Pug dog cakes are popular among children who love pugs, so if your child has been asking for one, this is the perfect cake for them. Here we have mentioned an easy-to-make chocolate sandwich cake. This cake recipe is especially for dog lovers. This pug cake recipe is easy to make and anyone can make it easily by following the recipe. So look up the recipe and make the cake for your dog-loving loved ones.
- Ingredients Required To Make Pug Cake
- How To Make A Pug Cake For Little Dog Lovers?
- How To Decorate Pug Cake?
- Tricks and Tips to Bake Pug Cake
- FAQs on How to Make Pug Cake
Ingredients Required To Make Pug Cake
The list of ingredients needed to make the Pug Cake:
- For all intents and purposes flour
- 200 grammes castor sugar
- 200G butter, unsalted
- 4-5 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. Baking powder
- 2 teaspoon milk
- 12 tbsp vanilla extract
- A pinch of salt
Ingredients required for the filling of the cake:
- 200-300g butter
- 200g confectioners' sugar
- 50 grammes of cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
Essentials required for cake
- 10g of butter for greasing the pan
- 50g of icing sugar for dusting
- Icing in white and pink or any other colour of your choice
- 1 button made of chocolate
- 2 to 3 tablespoons of jam
Equipment required for making the cake:
- Two mixing bowls
- 2 cake pans or tins.
- Parchment paper
- Stand mixer or whisk
- Rolling pin
- Pastry cutter ( round or oval)
How To Make A Pug Cake For Little Dog Lovers?
Now let's jump into the baking part of the cake:
- Step 1: First, preheat the oven to 180–190 degrees on normal settings.
- Step 2: Now line the bottom of each of the pans with parchment paper and grease the paper with butter.
- Step 3: In a large mixing bowl, combine all the dry ingredients: sugar, flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt.
- Step 4: Now in another bowl whisk all the wet ingredients eggs, butter, milk, and vanilla extract.
- Step 5: Now combine both the mixes and whisk until the batter becomes soft and fluffy.
- Step 6: Then divide the mixture equally between both the cake tins and bake the cake for 20–25 minutes. After 20 minutes, insert the toothpick into the cake, and if the toothpick comes out clean, the cake is done.
- Step 7: Wait for the cake to cool down. In the meantime, whip the buttercream filling.
- Step 8: Start by whipping the butter until it is light and fluffy, then add the sugar, cocoa, and vanilla extract, and give all the ingredients a good mix.
- Step 9: After the cake is completely cooled, level the cake with the knife into an even layer.
- Step 10: Arrange the cakes on the plate, and sandwich them together with the buttercream frosting. Then cover the entire cake with a thin layer of buttercream frosting.
How To Decorate Pug Cake?
Now let's look at how to decorate the pug cake:
For the Face:
Using a sharp knife, trim any extra icing in the shape of a pug. Roll out the tan icing evenly and cover the top and sides of the cake evenly. There will be some wrinkles on the icing, but it's a pug's wrinkles are mandatory.
For the Ears:
First, roll out the brown icing to the same size as the top of the cake, and cut it into quarters so that it forms four even triangles. Trim the curved edges of two triangles flat Using some leftover buttercream or strawberry jam as "glue", attach one triangle to the cake by sticking the wide end down about 2 cm from the edge, so that the pointed end hangs off.
In order to make the ears look like those of a pug, fold the hanging end forward toward the middle of the cake (you can use a picture of one if you don't have one at home). Repeat the same process for the second one. This can be a difficult thing, but once done, it looks beautiful.
For the Mouth:
Using pink icing, roll out an oblong shape and place it on the bottom of the cake. Round off the corners of the third triangle. Attach the tongue by rounding off one end and sticking it on top.
For the Eyes:
With the last triangle, cut two small circles, and on the white icing, two smaller ones. Place the brown circles where the pug's eyes should be, then add the white circles on top. Stick a chocolate button on top of each white circle, and cover it with a small amount of white icing.
For the Nose:
Now place the third chocolate button on the face to form the shape of the nose in a triangular form.
Tricks and Tips to Bake Pug Cake
A few tricks to follow while baking:
- Always line the tin with parchment paper and grease the bottom with butter.
- Always preheat the oven before baking, 180-190 degrees.
- Make sure that the batter is light and fluffy so that the cake turns out to be soft.
- When you work with fondant, always make sure that you roll out the fondant neatly while dusting the fondant sugar properly.
- Last, make sure to do the icing when the cake is completely cold.
FAQs on How To Bake Pug Cake
There are some easy steps that you need to follow to make your cake super moist:
- Start by using cake flour to make your cake super moist.
- Avoid overmixing the batter.
- Always maintain the right baking temperature, i.e., between 300-350 degrees.
- Soak the cake, and add cake syrup to all the layers.
- Avoid overbaking the cake.
There is only one trick that can make your cake fluffy; that is temperature. While baking, the temperature is the key. To make a cake spongy or fluffy, you need to bake the cake at the right temperature. And all the ingredients should always be at room temperature, and the butter should be warm. Apart from this, you should always preheat the oven before baking.
There are a few tips that you can follow to keep your cake fresh for a longer duration:
- Always store the cake when it is completely cool. Cakes with frosting and icing should always be refrigerated.
- Always store the cake in a large bowl so that there is breathing space.
- Unfrosted cake can be kept at room temperature.
- Cover the cake while storing it.
Baking cakes gives you pleasure, especially when you bake them for your loved ones. So we have come up with a pug cake for all the dog lovers. It is an easy-to-bake cake. The entire recipe is mentioned in detail. I hope you like the cake. Happy Baking.