Kids Creative Activities - The most vulnerable group at the time of the pandemic was children. Schools were closed throughout the country, and children were forced to stay at home day in and day out. Children are free-spirited and like to play outside and interact with other children rather than spend extended periods of time indoors. So it eventually became difficult for the parents to keep them engaged. And to help parents with this, we have come up with some interesting and fun activities to keep the kids engaged while they are indoors. Scroll down to find out more.
|Table of Contents|
Free Indoor Activities for Kids
Here, we have listed some fun and interesting activities for kids:
- Teach Yoga: You can teach your children the importance of good health by practising yoga daily. This age-old practise improves overall health and improves energy levels, both of which are crucial for these times. It's also a great way to teach them to take responsibility for their health. And it also keeps them engaged for a longer period of time.
- Enroll Kids in Online Classes: It would be helpful if you were to spend some time figuring out what your kids are interested in and what hobbies they have. You can enrol them in interactive e-courses like General Knowledge, Art and Craft, music classes, etc., and give them a specific fun task to do. This will help channel their energy while making them feel productive and creative. For example, Audible is an audio listening app for kids that includes entertaining stories for children. To keep their children active, parents can enrol them in dancing or physical activity classes.
- Cooking Classes: When you are in quarantine, it is the perfect time to teach your kids how to make some simple dishes themselves. If you want to get creative and need some help, there are plenty of online sources that provide cooking classes. If you are confident in your skills, you can even start your own Instagram account and help others learn.
- Learning New Languages: Learning a secondary language or tertiary language can be really beneficial for your child. With the internet at your fingertips, learning a language has never been easier. There are plenty of apps online that teach new languages in the form of games to encourage learning. They will also get to know a different culture altogether, and at this young age, it's important to enhance children’s knowledge.
- Introducing them to New Technologies: Occasionally, you can let them play video games or watch their favourite shows or movies. While this should not be encouraged forever, allowing them to indulge in technology can offer a respite to parents during such crucial times. For example, if you have an unplanned conference meeting, you can engage your children with gadgets.
- Art and Craft: This is the most engaging and very creative way to engage kids. You can engage them in simple and easy DIYs and crafts using everyday items to develop a creative skill in them and keep them engaged for a longer period of time.
- Scavenger Hunt: You and your child would have a good time passing the time during this quarantine period if you hid a hidden treasure within the house that your child would enjoy finding and left some clues on how to find it. This would not only give you and your kid a chance to spend quality time together, but it would also allow you to pass the time during the quarantine period.
- Music and Dance: This is the most basic , fun, and enjoyable activity that you and your kid can do together. You can also enrol them in various online singing and dancing classes available. This will keep them engaged and they will also learn something new and good. There are many options available online to help your kids learn.
Tips and Tricks to Keep Kids Engaged at Home
The above ideas will surely keep your kids engaged at home, and you will also be able to manage the work-life balance. But there are a few tips and tricks that you can have a look at:
- Play with your kids without any distractions, and spend some quality time with them each day before you start working. This will reduce the need for your company, and the kids will be able to play happily afterward.
- It is generally a good idea to schedule your important calls or meetings during your child's nap time. Kids' nap times remain consistent, so you can plan important meetings or calls when they are sleeping.
- During the week, make sure that your kids follow a regular schedule. On weekends or non-working days, this schedule can be relaxed. Alternatively, you may want to encourage them to make their own weekly schedule.
- When you properly and regularly communicate with kids, they will understand what is expected of them during your working hours.
- Your children will become more confident, and you will be able to focus more on your work if they play independently. You should train your children to become independent so that they will not always be looking for you or another person to accompany them at all times.
FAQs on Fun Activities for Kids
Some of the good ideas for kids' activities are given below:
- Go for a walk with your kid in the park nearby. That will calm your mind and soul.
- Introduce swimming indoors to your kids.
- Take your kid to bowl, skating, or visit a museum.
- Take your kid on a small road trip with your family.
A few fun activities for kids to do at home during the lockdown are given below:
- Play hide and seek
- Make a fort
- Have a dance party
- Make an obstacle course
- Car cleaning
- Play some sports together
There are many different ways teenagers spend their free time, but many like to shop, attend parties, spend time with their friends, play games, use social media, text, watch movies, read, and visit the beach or park.
Strength and agility are challenged by this fun go-to activity! Play some new games together while enjoying the fresh air at a nearby preserve or exploring the nearby woods Explore nature while exercising with your partner. Pack lunch and visit a nearby preserve or park for a stroll.
COVID-19 has been a tough time for all of us, especially for the kids, as all of their activities were suddenly stopped. So, managing kids at this time have become difficult. Here we have listed some fun activities that parents can look at to keep their children engaged. All these activities can be easily done from home, and you can schedule all these activities according to your comfort in order to maintain your work-life balance.