SpongeBob is a funny, entertaining, and sweet cartoon character. Every child loves SpongeBob. So today here we are going to tell you how to make a SpongeBob cake for your kid or someone who is a real fan of SpongeBob. Here, we are going to share a detailed recipe for SpongeBob Cake, which is very delicious and will definitely excite your taste bud. Here we are going to give you a recipe for a pineapple-flavored cake, but you can choose any flavor you like.
Let’s start with the Best Spongebob Cake Recipe that kids will Love.
- Ingredients needed for Spongebob Cake
- Birthday Spongebob Cake Baking Instructions
- Spongebob Squarepants Cake Recipe Tutorial
- Spongebob Out of Water Movie Cake Recipe
- How to make a Spongebob Cake?
- Spongebob Cake Designs
- What are the different and classic flavors of cake?
- What are the famous types of pastry?
- What is a cake without frosting called?
- What is the best theme cake for a girl’s birthday?
For Cake(Pineapple flavor):
- 4 cups of all-purpose flour. (400grams)
- 2 cups of granulated sugar. (200 grams)
- 2 ½ spoon of Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 ½ cup unsalted butter, at room temperature (200grams)
- 2 teaspoon of Vanilla extract
- 6-7 egg whites (1 cup pasteurized egg whites)
- 1 cup pineapple juice/ syrup
- ½ cup Buttermilk at room temperature
- ⅛ cup of vegetable oil
- Edible gel Food color.
For Pineapple Syrup
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1 cup sugar OR
- Use packaged pineapple syrup 1 cup.
For Buttercream Frosting
- 3 cups unsalted butter at room temperature.
- 11-12 cups of powdered sugar (1275 grams)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup of heavy cream ( or whipping cream) (approx 100 grams)
- 1 ½ tablespoon of vanilla extract.
- Yellow, blue, black gel food color.
- Red fondant ( 200 grams)
- White fondant (500 grams)
- Black fondant (300 grams)
- 1 cup rainbow jimmies or m&m
For Pineapple Cake
- First, preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line up the 2-quarter sheet pans with parchment paper, and grease with non-stick cooking spray, or some butter.
- Spray generously with non-stick cooking spray and place 2 flower mails upside down into the pans.
- Now, mix all the dry ingredients together ( flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt)in a mixer until fully combined.
- Now slowly and gradually mix butter (room temperature) with the dry ingredients. Continue to mix until no large chunks of butter remain, and the batter becomes crumbly.
- Add egg whites, and whisk on low speed until just incorporated. Add pineapple juice, then buttermilk, and mix until combined properly into a smooth batter.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a spatula, then beat for about 30 seconds on medium speed. Mix in vanilla and oil at low speed until fully combined.
- Now divide the batter equally in each pan.
- To ensure the layers bake to the same height, use a digital kitchen scale to weigh the pans.
- Bake the cakes for 34-36 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool the pans for 10 minutes, then run an offset spatula around the perimeter to release the cake.
- The cake layers must be frozen for 30 minutes to accelerate the cooling process. Once the layers have cooled, carefully flip them over and remove them from the pans.
- Once the layers have cooled completely, level the tops and cut each layer into three rectangles (8 in. x 4.33 in.).
For Pineapple Syrup
- Using a saucepan, combine pineapple juice and granulated sugar and heat over medium-high heat.
- Stir occasionally until the mixture boils.
- Remove from heat, and let cool.
- Set it aside for 30 minutes.
For Buttercream Frosting
- Make the vanilla buttercream frosting while the cake layers bake and cool.
- Beat the butter with a paddle attachment for 30 seconds until smooth.
- Slowly add the powdered sugar, 1 cup at a time, alternating with a splash of cream.
- Incorporate the vanilla and salt after the mixture is fully mixed, and beat on low until the consistency is reached.
- A teaspoon of cream or a quarter cup of powdered sugar can be combined to achieve the desired thickness. If the frosting is too thin, add in additional cream (1 teaspoon at a time).
- Make your chocolate frosting by placing 12 cups of uncolored frosting into a piping bag, cut a 12-inch opening at the end, and set aside.
- Make your uncolored frosting by placing 12 cups of frosting into a separate bowl, and mixing in 1 teaspoon of cocoa powder. Place this chocolate frosting in another piping bag, cut a 1-inch opening, and set aside.
- Add the yellow food gel color to the remaining frosting.
- Apply the pineapple simple syrup to each cake layer with a kitchen brush.
- After the cake layers have been stacked and frosted, apply a dab of frosting to help it stick to the cake board.
- A sprinkle of rainbow jimmies should be added between each cake layer, as well as an even layer of yellow buttercream.
- The cake can be supported with either two bubble tea straws or a central wooden dowel.
- The cake should be covered with a thin layer of frosting to ensure complete coverage. Once the cake is covered with frosting, chill it in the refrigerator for 10 minutes or in the freezer for 5 minutes to ensure that the frosting is firm to the touch.
- Smooth the top 3/4 of the cake with a bench scraper after adding a second, thicker layer of frosting.
- Smooth using an acetate sheet and a bench scraper after you have outlined the yellow with a white line.
- The facial features, tie, belt, and shoes of SpongeBob can be made from fondant.
- Put a small amount of fondant on each leg and arm of SpongeBob, and gently press it onto the buttercream Pipe.
- To make the SpongeBob holes, use a small spoon dipped in warm water.
- And your cake is ready.
You can get see to several Birthday Ideas on our pages covering every minute detail lright from theme, decoration and outfit, photoshoot ideas.
FAQs on Spongebob Cake Ideas
The best and classic flavors of cakes are
- Chocolate Cake
- Chocolate Truffle Cake
- Butterscotch Cake
- Pineapple cake
- Black forest cake
- Red Velvet cake
- Blueberry Glaze Cake
- Hazelnut Caramel Cake
- Creamy Vanilla Cake
- Confetti Cake
The famous types and well-known delicious pastry are
- Puff Pastry
- Shortcrust Pastry
- Phyllo Pastry
- Choux Pastry
- Rough Pastry
- Naked Pastry
The cake without frosting is called Naked Cakes. This is a style of cake that omits the frosting part. And you can typically see the exterior of the cake, baked and crusty. You can add different flavors to the cake to make it moist and tasty.
- Princess Doll Cake
- Princess Castle Cake
- Fairy House Cake
- Minnie Mouse Cake
- Unicorn Cake
- Frozen Birthday theme Cake
- My little pony cake
When it comes to cake there are endless cakes like theme cakes, cartoon characters, flavored cakes, tier cakes, and more, the list is endless. Here we have given you the Best Spongebob Cake Recipe that kids will Love. We hope that you like the recipe and bake one for your child or a SpongeBob Lover. Happy Baking. You might be interested in Pizza Cake Birthday Recipe as well.