Are you in search of some easy crafts for toddlers? In this article, you can see we have gathered some of the cutest and most creative crafts for toddlers just for you. Keeping your toddlers entertained all the time is hard. Painting, building, and crafting are the best for building toddlers’ motor skills and it helps to develop their vocabulary. As we have given many craft activities and ideas for your toddlers choose the one which will be best suitable for your toddler. We mostly chose for your toddlers which will be educational, safe, and fun.
In this blog, all crafts that we have given are budget-friendly and parent-approved crafts ideas. And if you are interested you can also check other parenting articles like toddlers’ modeling, and toddlers biting nails on our website.
- Indoor Crafts for 2-Year-Olds
- Easy Summer Crafts for 2-Year-Olds
- Bible Crafts for 2-Year-Olds
- Winter Crafts for 2-Year-Olds
- What crafts can a 2-year-old do?
- How do you craft with a toddler?
- Can a 2-year-old finger paint?
- Name some spring crafts for a 2-year-old?
- What are rainy day crafts for 2-year-olds?
Indoor Crafts for 2-Year-Olds
Here we are going to provide you with crafts for 2 years old to do at home. Toddlers need to concentrate on simple crafts that are not too complex for them. So we have suggested some crafts ideas that will be fun and easy for them. As a parent, you need to help them sometimes.
Paper Plate Crafts
By using these paper plates we can create plenty of crafts for toddlers. You can create honeybees, elephants, swans, and many more. Just use this household item and help your toddlers to create the items easily at home. Here we are going to show an item on how you can make crafts with paper plates. Let us see how to make a bee craft using a paper plate.
- Step 1: Paint the paper plate yellow and let it dry.
- Step 2: Use a cotton ball and put it in paint and paint black stripes on the paper plate. From the bottom to halfway up.
- Step: Paint the wooden cloth spins black and after they dried up use glue and stick the two black pom poms on the top.
Home Made Stamps Craft
For children, dipping will be very easy and fun. You can make your own stamps and dip them in the paint and stamp it on the paper. You can use wine corks or bottle caps for creating stamps so it will be easy for your child to hold. We will see how to create a stamp for your child using a bottle cap.
- Step 1: Take a bottle cap.
- Step 2: You can glue some foam pieces for bottle caps on one side.
- Step 3: Dip them in the color and paint on the paper. You will get that shape easily.
Flower Printing craft
Another easiest craft for your 2-year-old kid is flower printing. You can take any type of flowers that you are having in-home or in your garden. The flower printing craft was very quick and easy to set up. It can be used for color recognization for your kid.
- Step 1: Take any type of flower that you have with you.
- Step 2: Catch the stem and dip the front side of the flower in the paint.
- Step 3: And stamp it on the paper.
If you need you can also create other crafts like Tracing basic objects, Making collages, Painting with droppers, mixing colors, and many more.
Easy Summer Crafts for 2-Year-Olds
Fill hours this summer with exciting and easy crafts for your kids that they will love. All the crafts that we are going to show are good for toddlers or 2-year-olds. Look into the summer crafts that are given below.
Bubble Printed Butterfly Craft
Bubble printed butterfly craft is an easy craft for toddlers using a super fun painting method. Here we will see the process of creating this craft and you can help your child in doing this.
- Step 1: Take a container with 2-3 inches of water, add some food color and add bubble mix, or dish soap using a straw and try to make bubbles.
- Ste 2: Once the bubbles come up above the edge and then take the sheet, then cover that sheet on the bubble container and press down.
- Step 3: Do the same with all the colors. Now after that paper is dried take a pencil and draw outlines of the butterfly shape.
- Step 4: Take one ice cream stick and attach the cotton balls by reducing the sizes and coloring them.
- Step 5: Attach the googly eye to the cotton ball and cut the pipe cleaners and curl it to attach that as antennas of butterfly.
- Step 6: For that ice cream stick, attach the paper cuttings.
Potato Masher Turtle Art
This summer, help learn your kid to create animals like turtles, spiders, and many more. Here we are going to show you how can we make turtles using the potato masher. Below are the steps to create it.
- Step 1: Take green and blue color paper, a potato masher, and green paint.
- Step 2: Dip the potato masher into the green paint and stamp it on the blue color paper.
- Step 3: Using the scissor cut four legs for the turtle you will make out of the green paper. And also cut the head and tail.
- Step 4: Attach those legs, head, and tail to the turtle body with the glue.
- Step 5: Keep the Googly eyes for the turtle head.
Other more interesting crafts like sun crafts, Flowers with paper cups crafts, jellyfish suncatchers, pool noodles racetrack, felt popsicles, and many more you can create.
Bible Crafts for 2-Year-Olds
Teach your 2-year-old kid about the importance of the Bible’s messages and characters. Crafts are the best interactive way for toddlers to learn. We have provided you with some bible craft ideas for your toddler.
King David’s Crown Craft
Create this craft by using the story of David and Goliath. Tell them the story of how he became the king of Israel and take the yellow construction paper and cut them into an upside-down triangle crown shape. Add some colors to it. You can also attach some stickers to it if you want. Glue the ends of the paper together to make the crown.
Joseph’s Coat Craft
Tell your 2-year-old kid about the story of Joseph, the eleventh son of Jacob. As Jacob has a love for him he gave a coat to joseph which is made of many beautiful colors. craft that coat with your children. We are providing you with the steps to create the craft.
- Step 1: Cut out a small simple coat pattern, from simple white cardstock for your child.
- Step 2: Give your child small squares of tissue paper.
- Step 3: Glue pieces of tissue paper to the coat cutout.
The crown symbolizes Jesus’ death and his return to life after death. Introduce this important symbol through a craft for your 2-year-old child. Below we have given you the steps on how to prepare the cross craft.
- Step 1: Cut out a cross shape from construction paper or card stock.
- Step 2: Give your child some crayons, stickers, glitter, and tissue paper.
- Step 3: Help your child to decorate the cross.
You can also create other more interesting crafts like Daniel in the lion’s den, ten commandments iPhone, Heart craft, fruits of the spirit, and many more.
Winter Crafts for 2-Year-Olds
As temperatures are dropping we have put together a simple collection of winter crafts for your 2-year-old kids. Look into the crafts that are given below which are easy and fun.
Simple Winter Hat Craft
You can draw a simple winter hat shape on the white card stock. And take the crayons and tell your child to draw anything on the middle of the hat with different designs. Maybe they are not best at drawing but let them draw what they want. And then using the scissors cut the shape of the hat. And after that give your son glue and the cotton balls and tell them to place that cotton on the hat. Then the hat will be ready!!
Pom Pom Mittens
If you have pom poms in your home you can easily create this craft with your 2-year-old kid. Just draw a pair of mittens on the construction paper and then take the pom-poms and glue and tell them to decorate them on the mittens and also give some stickers and crayons too to decorate it. And then after all the glue is dried, glue the string to the back of the mittens to connect them.
We have many other crafts that you can do this winter snow penguin crafts, creating a winter wonderland, toilet paper roll snowflakes, and snowflake ornaments.
FAQs on Crafts for 2-Year-Olds
1. What crafts can a 2-year-old do?
Here we are going to provide you with some best craft ideas for 2-year-olds are:
- Paper cup flowers craft.
- Leaf painting craft
- Caterpillar suncatchers.
- Homemade stamps craft.
- Rainbow tree craft.
- Leaf Painting craft
- Painted pasta necklace craft
- Creating honey bees with paper plates.
2. How do you craft with a toddler?
Without messing up your home you can craft with toddlers easily.
- Make play-dough.
- Paint with broccoli.
- Capture their handprints in salt dough
- Put their own stamp on things.
- Make popsicles & stick monsters.
- Try their hand at rainbow salt art.
3. Can a 2-year-old finger paint?
Yes, finger painting helps children explore, learn and develop through sensory play. You can use homemade paint.
4. Name some spring crafts for a 2-year-old?
Here are some of the winter crafts for 2 year old are
- Spin art flowers
- Painted spring flowers
- Spring printing with recyclables
- Rain cloud craft
- Graden Themed Process art
5. What are rainy day crafts for 2-year-olds?
Look some of the rainy day crafts are
- Homemade flubber
- straw rockets
- Shimmer play dough
- Paper plate flower craft.
We as a team provided you the complete information about the crafts for 2-year-olds. Hope that it is useful for you. Still, if you think we have missed anything else you can comment to us in the comment section. We also have many interesting parenting articles like Baby Scrapbook Ideas on our Onlinestemdegrees.Com website. Bookmark our site and stay connected for more updates.
Leave a Reply