Scooby-Doo Cake is one of the famous cake designs that is available around since the 60s. It is one of the popular cake dessert items that is made up of chocolate, double cream, peanut butter frosting and others. Here we have provided the detailed step-by-step process to prepare a plain chocolate cake and convert it into a scooby doo birthday cake with extra decoration.
Scooby-Doo cake was first baked in the year 1960 by a bakery owner in Michigan named Bob Dohrman. He wanted to make a birthday party-themed cake after watching Scooby-Doo (cartoon character name) on TV. His child asked him to choose the chocolate cake as the base. Scooby-Doo is an intelligent dog who had his nose to the ground. The cake’s popularity has grown over time.
- Ingredients Required for Scooby Doo Cake
- Step by Step Proces to Make a Scooby-Doo Cake for your Child’s Birthday
- How to Turn Baked Cake Into Scooby Doo Cake?
- Unique Scooby Doo Cake Images
- Scooby Doo Cake Topper | Scooby Doo Cake Pan
Do you want to bake a theme cake for your kid’s birthday? IF yes, then choose Scooby-Doo cake as it is easy to make by following the steps mentioned on this page. Before starting the Scooby-Doo cake preparation process, you must have the below-mentioned ingredients.
- 175 grams of butter
- 175 grams of self-raising flour
- 175 grams of golden caster sugar
- 40 grams of cocoa powder
- 3 big eggs
- 4 teaspoons of boiling water
- 1/2 spoon of baking powder
- 150 grams chocolate
- 150 ml double cream
These are the detailed method on how to make a scooby doo cake for your child’s birthday. By seeing this recipe children also can bake a cake under parental supervision.
Cake Preparation Steps
- Preheat the oven to 180oc
- Break 3 large eggs into a tin, and add flour, sugar, and baking powder to it.
- Mix the mixture well.
- Take a separate bowl, and mix cocoa powder.
- Add the cocoa mixture into the large mixing bowl.
- Apply butter to your cake tin.
- Pour the whole mixture into the cake tin. Level the tin top with a spatula.
- Bake the cake in an oven for 20 minutes.
- After completion of time, cross-check whether the cake is properly based or not.
- Allow the cake to cool, then go for the icing process.
Cake Icing Process
- Cut the chocolate into chunks
- Heat the double cream and chopped chocolate in a pan or microwave.
- Allow the icing to cool while it thickens up.
There are different ways to make a scooby doo birthday cake. These are two ways you can decorate a cake into a scooby-doo cake. They are mystery machines and normal ones.
Scooby-Doo Cake Mystery Machine
- Bake 4 cakes in a square shape.
- Stack them on top of each other with icing in between.
- Use a template to cut the cake in the Mystery Machine shape.
- You can also use buttercream and pipe on the cake to look like the Mystery Machine.
- Download pictures from google to print for outlines and use fondant or marzipan to decorate the cake.
For a Square Shaped Cake
- Bake a square cake of a size bigger than an A4 sheet.
- Take a print of the Scooby-Doo head to use as a template.
- Cut the cake in the shape of Scooby Doo’s head.
- Cover the entire cake with brown fondant.
- Also, cut the other Scooby Doos face features and add them to the cake.
For a Round Shaped Cake
- Bake the cake as per the recipe.
- Level the cake tops so that they can be stacked.
- Attack all of them one on another with your favourite cake filling.
- Make a large circle of brown fondant and place it on the cake.
- Make Scooby-Doo eyes, ears, nose and collar using marzipan or other fondants.
- Add them to the cake.
You can download the simple scooby doo cake images here.
Scooby Doo is a cartoon character created in 1969. The dog has been the star of many TV shows. The Scooby Doo cake topper is made with fondant and royal icing. The design of the cake topper is simple as it has a few features such as eyes, nose and mouth. It is a cake decoration item that looks like a Scooby Doo.
Scooby Doo pancakes are perfect for every occasion. The cartoon character fans always love to buy scooby doo cake pans. You can make any kind of cake as Scooby Doo cake pans. These are perfect for kids’ birthday celebrations.
We hope that the information given on Scooby Doo Cake is useful for you. Try to make this cake at your home by following the Scooby Doo Cake Recipe. Comment us if you have any doubts/ suggestions about the cake baking process.